From: scirocco-l-bounces@scirocco.org
[mailto:scirocco-l-bounces@scirocco.org]On Behalf Of T Berk
Sent: Saturday, November 06, 2004 5:15 PM
Cc: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: Re: mk1 electrical gremlins - alternator specific (...I think)

Lars Bruchmann wrote:

> --- "David L. Winchell, II"
> <davidwinchell2@sprynet.com> wrote:
>

>>10ga is kind week for that app.

 > well, the wire that is there now is OEM brown, about
 > 16 or 18 gauge, connected to the ac compressor.  I'll
 > check with radio shack here, our 'shack' is a 'shack',
 > a very small one.

I like 4, 2, 0, & Double Aught cable for my ground strapping and Hot
wire side starter needs. otoh I reused a relatively smallish brown
colored ground wire from the Alt case to the Valve Cover one time.
Better than nutt'n.

Think Industrial/Military Surplus, Welding Supply for ground straps. You
can get them premade and durable both in terms of weather as well as
nice and thick for long term mechanical goodness.

And did I mention sometimes cheeeeeeep.

Also you are going to want to coat the ends with something like
petroleum jelly or other sealant against future corrosion.

Nice brite metal to metal contact will not stay that way if left to
Oxygen & Ozone to have their way with them.

TBerk