Techtonics = Good People

I was going to buy mine direct from Wiseco for two reasons:
1) Dealers would only sell me 8 pistons not just 4.
2) Pricing from direct was less than through dealers

I ended up having my machine shop order them because they handled them
and if there were any problems they could go to bat for me.

Pricing: I was quoted $114.00 a piece for 83mm because they are not
yet an off the shelf item and was considered a custom piston.  I sent
them one of my 2.0L pistons and they are having engineering going over
it to replicate the valve relief, oil squiter cutouts, and anohter
square type cutout on the other side.

Time: It takes about 4 to 6 weeks to get them made.

Contact:  If you are interested contact Dywane Synder of Wiseco at 1
800 321-1364 and email is dsynder@wiseco.com.  He is hard to get a
hold of sometimes but he is familar with my setup.

--
Don Walter - Waukesha, WI
1986 1.8 16V Black Scirocco