What I did today.

Well, nobody can hold a candle to Cathy for this sort of story, but I found this ironic.

Normally, I TIG weld 2"-2.5" stainless and aluminum tubing for intake and exhaust systems.

But, today at work the welder that was scheduled to show failed to show for the second day and the
guys are getting really antsy about getting our new ion beam system up and running.

The gas supply lines to the ion beams need to be welded for gas purity, so I ended up welding 1/4"
stainless tubing. Just a little bit of downsizing from my normal routine.  (It was also an orbital
TIG welder that is pretty robotisized, so the skill level was pretty low)

Anyway, it was fun and different and I kept thinking I need to get some real tubing to weld ;^)

That's all!
Dan

Don't forget the tubing beader if you need it!