From: scirocco-l-bounces@scirocco.org
[mailto:scirocco-l-bounces@scirocco.org] On Behalf Of Rick Kellner
Sent: Sunday, May 30, 2004 7:50 PM
To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: Tech Tip-loosening Axle nuts and flange bolts

I am sure the more experienced mechanics know this trick but it was a
new one for me and so I want to share it.  To keep the axle from turning
when loosening axle nuts or axle flange bolts simply put a screwdriver
in one of the cooling vent holes of the disc brake.   It will become
wedged when the axle has some torque on it.
Rick K.