8v to 16v questions

--- "Camron D. Crouse" <camron@worldaccessnet.com> wrote:

> Ah, I see I have confused folks, but I think I understand
> now;  I meant
> to ask if replacing the _entire 2Y transaxle_ for a 4K
> would require an
> 8V clutch (consensus is yes)
> OTOH, if one were to keep the 2Y, but rebuild it
> utilizing the 3.94 ring
> & pinion and 4th gear of the 4K, (giving it 4K torquey
> goodness) then
> one would indeed continue to use a 16V clutch (also
> valuable information)

Sounds about right to me.

> Brett, how do you like your setup?  Are all your gears
> (besides 4th) 2Y
> gears, or is it full custom rebuild? (Especially curious
> about your 5th)

I'm sure he'll chime in, but I believe he used the same
gearing with a .75 5th.

I'm running a stock 4k w/ .80 5th in my 16v and I
absolutely love it.

=====
Daun Yeagley - Wilmington Ohio
'77, '81 S, '85, '86 & '88 Sciroccos, '96 Passat GLX Wagon, '56 Cessna 172
For Sale: '82 Scirocco
"My rabbit has a human foot on his keychain.  That's not the scary part.  What I wanna know is what those keys are for." - The Four Postmen