Ignition question

On Wed, 26 May 2004, C Boyko wrote:

> distributor. Now what are the options? Hall sender/ICM? And what's the
> trouble shooting procedure to figure out if they're pooched? Any other tests

Check the wiring for the hall sender at the distributor.  One or more of
the wires break from the stress of the upright connector.  Try wiggling it
while someone else tries to start the car.

> I should be doing?

Give me the Headache so you can concentrate on the white "Scirocco."

> Also, the correct ICM would be found in what cars? Any of the more recent
> 8Vs? (And is 16V different? I have one of those lying around)

AFAIK all TCI-H ignition modules are the same - any CIS or CIS-E one
should work.

Drew

--

84 Wolfsburg Ed. Scirocco GTD     http://scirocco.cs.uoguelph.ca/gtd