G-Grind - How about a K-grind?

Scourge wrote:

> Hey Hey,
> Anybody coming to cincy have a G-grind cam(or maybe a tad more aggressive) they may want to part ways with? Cheaper is better, lol.
> On another side, I have a fair bit of lifter "tick" and I think it can be solved by shimming the lifters?? I've never done anything inside a head. Anyone have a tech write-up on it or want to send me a description on how to do it?
>
> thanx
> -George
> __________

How's this?

K-grind cam from TT;
<http://techtonicstuning.com/viewpart.asp?partnum=109.07K>

(btw, be careful looking up 'K-grind cam' via Google. If it's not
skateboarding then it's some kind of adult type thing I'm sure was in
the Kama Sutra Addendum.)

Check out the blurb:
> This cam is for low end power and torque (idle-4000max rpm).
> OEM cam for Euro spec Caddy (pick up).
> Better fuel mileage than US spec cams.
> Intake .334" lift @ 199 degrees duration.
> Exhaust .353" lift @ 209 degrees duration.
>
> Price: $20.00

Now, I'm wondering what 4kMax RPM means, I think it means the gains in
power start diminishing after 4000 rpm, not that it'll hit some kind
of wall or rev limiter or fly to pieces if you exceed those revs.

Who can expand on the K-Grind cam? I'm thinking it makes for a great
JH mod in a daily driver.

TBerk