Front-end vibration?

On Tue, 2004-05-25 at 11:22, ATS - Patrick Bureau wrote:
> Oh its staying at it is for now, no time to get a NEW CV axle (and no I
> don't rebuild cv axles (it's a waste of time for me). So Ill worry about it
> after cincy.

FWIW I had a bad reman half shaft in my 87 Jetta for about 3 months.
The mild vibration started out at 60mph, then progressed to the point
that it was present at all speeds, but still not much more than a mild
vibration in the steering wheel.  On the way home one night I
accelerated from a stop and the mild vibration changed into an alarming
and violent shaking.  I pulled over and checked that no major driveline
components were ready to fall off.  That night I removed the driver's
side half-shaft and the outer joint was so stiff I could barely move it.

Drew

84 Wolfsburg Ed. Scirocco GTD http://scirocco.cs.uoguelph.ca/gtd
89 Audi 200 Turbo Quattro Avant
94 A3 Golf GL TurboDiesel, 99 A3 Jetta GL TDI
At the time this email was written there were only
9 days, 8 hours, and 46 minutes until Cincy2K+4! Have YOU packed yet?