JH in MkII - what year?

Euroroc II wrote:

> At 01:27 PM 5/24/2004, Eric S wrote:
>
>> According to these specs:
>>
>> http://www.carfolio.com/specifications/models/car/?car=34034
>>
>> 2.0 16v using KE-Jet (CIS-E)
>>
>> --
>> Eric
>> www.vintagewatercooleds.com
>

 > Hmmm interesting but I'm not satisfied that it's correct. The 10.8:1
 > motors all had dual knock sensor ignition from what I remember so it
 > couldn't be CIS-E... I'm not saying your wrong I'm just saying I need
 > more proof.
 >
 > -Raffi

I'm wondering if there wasn't a tax on displacement that kept the
motors at 1.8 when they could have gone up by 0.2.

Also, there are the Cabbies to consider; they often kept the OLD
chassis (and certain associated parts) around. To use up the left
overs in the parts bin I'm thinking.

Lastly, is there an EPA problem with switching over to Motronic a
platform that has been sunsetted. No reason to get it all re certified
with it getting put to pasture. <sniff> <sniff>

TBerk