16v transplant

Ryan, I did the 16v swap in my MKI.

The best thing to do is actually grab all the wiring harness for the donor
and swap fuse box and all. The fuse box is actually a better one if yours is
a MKI. I kept the rear harness and cut and attached the new connector to the
old harness wiring. 6-8 wires total?

The motor mounts are the same, but upgrade the MM's to HD (heavy duty) due
to the power change.

The Alt bracket can be cut. I think Ron has a link for that job, and the alt
mounts to the higher of the mount points.

Check out the work done here :<http://www.menloparkrandd.com/scirocco>
or here:<http://www.menloparkrandd.com/my_rocc>

Julie Macfarlane
1981 MKI 2L 16v w 2Y