Grab a coffee, and read my tale of woe...

I think is is about that time for all of us right now. Everyone that has
recently put a wrench into the engine bay of a VW has come out with a few
less fingers, broken bolts, frozen nuts, and best of all, the job not done.
Everytime I look outside I want to get the "For Sale/Se Vende" sign. Then I
remember, who in their right mind would buy this POS, oh wait, I did.

What the hell have we gotten into? VW's, thats what...

-Craig
'83 California Edition (RIP)
"Nightmare" '88 16v (PG-T Proj.)
"Calypso" '91 Golf GL (Daily Driver)

>From: "Mark" <mardak@cogeco.ca>
>To: <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
>Subject: Grab a coffee, and read my tale of woe...
>Date: Sat, 22 May 2004 00:10:52 -0400
>
>I'm sooooooooo f'in pissed!!!!!!!!!!!  After a completely hellish day
>wrenching on the beater/tow bastard swapping the suspension from the 75
>(too many snags and PITA things to mention), I decided to swap out the
>fifth gear for the .71 I removed from my (now) junk older FF.
>
>The PITA saga actually began last night, when I attempted to remove the
>said .71 gear from my (now) junk tranny.  NONE of the procedures I read
>on the swap mentioned that the tube thingy that you're supposed to
>remove with a "special tool" is supposed to be threaded DOWN
through the
>"fork" instead of up.  Someone also replied to my post the
other day
>that I didn't need to make the "special tool", and to just use
a pair of
>circlip pliers.  I proceeded to butcher the threads up a bit while
>threading the tube up, but I thought "ah what the hell, it's a junk
>tranny and I don't need that part anyways, where's my
vicegrips...".  So