where to get copper crush washers (fuel pump)?

Jeff Toomasson wrote:

> Hi all - found out that the problem with my new S was indeed the fuel pump. I
> swapped in an extra I had and got it running, but ended up having some leakage.
> Granted it was around midnight and I may not have as been as attentive as I
> should have, but I wanted to replace the copper crush washers to eliminate that
> from the equation. FLAPS and dealer don't stock them. They're apparently the
> same size as for the fuel filter - anyone know if Orchard or Home De-pot might
> carry them? Or do I have to go buy another fuel filter to pilfer these?
>
> Thanks!  Jeff

Jeff, you might try the reconditioning trick of lightly sandpapering
the fittings to remove accumulations and oxidation build up.

Since you want flat, parallel surfaces you should us some kind of
sanding block.

The washers are not common but I might be able to scrounge up some.
Contact me if you still have trouble.

TBerk