[OT} Thunderbird

T Berk wrote:
> (Yeah folks- this seems Off Topic because it aint Sciroccos but it's
> directly related to getting list email so bear with if you would.)

preach on...
<Ahem>

I've been using Mozilla Thunderbird and Firefox for the last year+.
Though the base Mozilla code is old, these products are being developed
by a very small group at The Mozilla Foundation (about one guy each) and
yet can do amazing things.

I know there are varying degrees of geeketry here but I want to
encourage you all to take the time to check out the programs, the help
sites and especially all of the extensions, themes, and little mods that
can get it to do exactly what you want.  Your testing and input is
valuable as these remarkable FREE OPEN-SOURCE CROSS-PLATFORM products
reach maturity.  Keep in mind that your particular gripe may have a
sordid history and that you may not be the first one to become indignant.

Understanding how they work and how to tweak them to do what you want is
something that is not very complicated and somewhat fun.
Your questions, gripes, and input are welcome at mozillaZine forums:
http://forums.mozillazine.org
which is an independent advocacy site.  Take a moment to register or
just spout off a question as guest in the User Support forums and there
is a good chance you will get an answer quick.  Searching for your
particular problem or hang-up can be done here:
http://forums.mozillazine.org/search.php
but it often yields a jillion results until you learn how to tame it.
There is also a knowledge base wiki thing there that can be handy:
http://kb.mozillazine.org/

And, of course, the gorgeous help pages:
http://texturizer.net/thunderbird/
http://texturizer.net/firefox/

Thank you for reading and always practice safe browsing & mailing,
Spewey

<discalimer>
I'm just a fan.
None of this stuff is connected to money in any way.
Unless you wanna donate:
http://mozilla.org/foundation/donate.html
;)