[OT} Thunderbird

ATS - Patrick Bureau wrote:
> nice software.. too bad the default setting for email is HTML,

It's a drag, but I don't know any email client these days the doesn't
DEFAULT to html, but as Unka-Kev says you can turn it off;

Tools:Options:Composition:Send Options:
"Convert the Message to Plain Text".

> and too
> bad my Norton anti virus no longer scan each messages before they are
> permitted to "run" viruses on my pc..
>
> a nice program, but lacks anti-viral support and now a days.. its a
> no.no. as far as I am concerned.
>
> cheers... I am heading back to outlook!
>
> I give it an 8-10 because of lack of integrated anti virus scanning.

I'm curious if my experience is the same as yours, could you explain
more as to what the bad behavior is?

Mine was the AV would want to stop and have me attend to each and
every attached spam viri as it came in.

(Yeah folks- this seems Off Topic because it aint Sciroccos but it's
directly related to getting list email so bear with if you would.)

TBerk