Pulled over

I went on a little test flight in the 16V last night, to Rochester to see
Jim, and on the way home, I'm being a good girl as always and driving in the
fast lane on a lonely stretch of the 490, somewhat distracted by trying to
pinpoint an annoying rattle in the dash.
Anyway, I spot Mr Smokey in the bushes, and we momentarily lock eyes. (He
gave the car a good long look) I'm thinking, "I'm toast", so I back it off a
bit and hit the slow lane (a sure sign of guilt no doubt). I'm doing my
mental calculations to figure out how close 120 kph is to the posted 65, and
figure "Dammit, I'm talking my way outa this one, I was barely speeding!" SO
I'm considering the strategies and decided on the "speedometer only has
metric" plan. Sure enough, the flashing gumballs in the rearview, so I
rumble off the road, and roll down my window. The cop ( who doesn't shave
yet) says the usual "Hi how are you this evening?" (I'm thinking I WAS fine
till YOU came along) and he asks me to roll UP my window. He's gonna check
my tint...with the handy tint-o-meter no less. Now here in Ontario, this is
the classic harrassment charge, and there IS no set way to measure it. SO I
was told my tint was 32% transmission, and in NY state it's illegal, has to
be 70%.
SO, here's the question: Can he ticket me for driving into his state with
somethng that is legal where the car was plated? There are likley several
"ontario" features on my car that are illegal in NY, like my metric speedo.
How do the "front plate" states deal with those from adjacent "no front
plate" states?
Anyway, no ticket was issued, just a stern warning not to come back into the
state with that tint, so I'll wait a few weeks, like, say, until early June.
I felt like one of my grade 10s was role playing a cop, it was pretty funny,
and I did feel I was singled out because I drive a sport compact. I can't
believe he didn't get me for noise, THAT would be a valid ticket..
Anyway, pretty funny, the old lady gets pulled over for tint.
Cathy

Tired of spam? Get advanced junk mail protection with MSN Premium