Questions about 3A swap.

Kyscirocco@aol.com wrote:
> After a bit of research I think the 2.0 3a swap would suit my purpose the
> best. My 81 will be 90% street and 10% track. I like that the power is available
> at a lower rpm than the other options. My questions are. Most of what I've
> read deals with using parts form a 1.8 JH. What if anything can I use from my
> existing 1.7. Head, Fuel injectors, sprockets, etc.   I know about needing a
> block off plate and using a 3a distributor and knock sensor. What can i expect to
> pay for a decent 3a engine? thanks
> Matt
> _____________

<http://www.nwlink.com/~vdb/vw/Engine/Engine_Swaps.html>

<http://www.nwlink.com/~vdb/vw/Engine/EngineSwaps>

This link seems to be a reprint of someone else's instructions.
<http://www.autoshoppingcenter.com/rebuiltengines/vw_enginechange.html>

This guy has a blow by blow- nice.
<http://www.mindspring.com/~altimatum/projekt%20scirocko.htm>

I have a whole bunch of A3 swap info _somewhere_ on a back up HD, in
that pile over there in the corner.

I'm sending this little Google mash I found, let's see if I can find my
archive.

btw- there are some lister's who have just this kind of stuff on their
own web sites. Speak up people.

TBerk