"Cut-pile" or "Loop" carpeting in a mk1?

At 02:59 PM 5/19/04, Jeff Toomasson wrote:

>Hi all - I'm going to place an order with TMI for a carpet kit for my 81S.
>Which carpet style came stock - "Cut-pile" or "Loop"?
>
>Thanks, Jeff

FWIW, the '81 sitting next to my garage has cut pile.  Anyone know if
all the MkIs had cut pile or was there a changeover at some point?  Would
love to hear feedback on the TMI carpet kit too, as I will need one for the
'78.

John C. Worden
Bucksport, Maine

'98 Dakota 4x4-
'86 Scirocco 8V-Soon to be a 16V
'81 Scirocco -Engineless and noseless
'78 Scirocco Brazil Brown Metallic,  4 speed.-  In the Rotisserie
'89 Polaris Indy Deluxe