The homecoming of yon Golf and various/sundry comments

Can you say, "Cincy fervor is reaching an intensity of odd religious
fanaticism?"

Say it? Looks from recent posts that we are the poster children for this
malady.

Yet again I have been busy digitizing the small triumphs of my everyday
life and since the cold fusion unit isn't that photogenic, I decided to
snap some hallmark moments of my latest relapse.

Them be arrayed out there @:

http://unrealexpectations.ath.cx/drupal/?q=image/tid/59

(click on the title or pic pertaining to the subjected @ hand)

The whole debacle costing  only $50 more than the purchase (NOT the
transport cost!) of my beater 8v <http://unrealexpectations.ath.cx/86_8v.html>
it weighs in as the best deal I've made yet. We'll see if it develops
into as much of a liability as the 8v.

I was accompanied by my stalwart renters (and you thought I was only able
to extort money from them. Ha! Soooooo unimaginative!) and we took the
trusty, stolid, more boring than a PTA meeting "Grandmacar" Camary (most
of the conveyances of the compound have been moniker'd. The Lexicar was
named as such to set the hook deep and early in my daughter Alexia when
she started to show trepidation anytime we had to go somewhere in my first
Scirocco, it being my solitary flivver at the time.

Therefore we set off verily towards an IL facility of higher matriculation
and incredibly high alcohol sales (even named after an inebriant),
Champaign.

Got there and met w/ the seller who was older than I was expecting and had
some of the traits I've come to expect from college professors; highly
intelligent, pleasantly conversationally engaging, and having a complete
lack of understanding of some of the more common life skills. He
accompanied us to Uhaul to get truck/trailer, and then to the house of a
friend where the ride resided (he gotten a tow notice earlier that week).
The pass. side tires showed their enthusiasm for the change of venue by
being 1/2 flat. But pushing onto the transport was not very difficult at
all.

Then back to his abode to pick up the engine.
It was already on a pallet and hand truck when we arrived and he
wheeled it down to the truck where we loaded it into the back of the Uhaul
and I payed the man a $50 (I felt somewhat bad about taking advantage of
the unaware) then trucked the dog back home.

The place where it would be rehabilitated needed a Golf sized space to be
cleared before it would gain admittance and so the sundry assemblage got
parked in the backyard of the deserted property next to mine.
Of course that shows it to the neighborhood and gives them a chance to see
that I have ANOTHER car.
This could become an issue.

Anyway, I'm thinking that I'll swap my spare 47K mi. 1.8 into it and trade
suspensions w/ the Lexicar as it's is lowered 2" and feels both responsive
and progressive when bounced on as the Lexicar's is boneyard augmented
stock and I've discovered the pass. side strut to be stiff and sticky..
The lowering will have a nice effect I think too.

Since it's an '87 Golf GL, that would make it an A2, correct?

It looks like it could make a really fun daily driver!

Quadrupally dubbed,

Tim

This space for rent.