Diesel motor wanted/Diesel bus

On Sat, 2004-05-15 at 03:07, Dave Ewing wrote:
> The 1.9L TD from Overland.  I think it's about $1500 for a drop in unit and
> I believe is around 100+ hp with some nice torque.  There are some nifty

The 1.9 TD (AAZ) is 75 BHP@4500rpm and 110 lb-ft of torque at 2400 rpm
in stock trim.  This engine has been branded "ECO diesel" due to its
detuned performance (to keep emissions low.)  By comparison the 1.6TD in
stock from is 70BHP and 98lb-ft of torque at 2900 rpm.

> little things you can do to make it better though like exhaust and some
> flywheel work maybe even an intercooler (you can run in in the D pillar!!).

Performance can be increased from stock with straight fuelling mods.
Exhaust improvements are a must to keep EGT's low - and the intercooler
allows for fuelling to be increased well beyond stock levels at boost.

A 1.9 TDI, although a less straightforward swap, has far greater torque
in stock form (145-150 lb-ft at 1900 rpm) and much greater tuning
potential.  With the appropriate gears, this would make for a sweet
powerplant in a van.

Drew

84 Wolfsburg Ed. Scirocco GTD http://scirocco.cs.uoguelph.ca/gtd
89 Audi 200 Turbo Quattro Avant
94 A3 Golf GL TurboDiesel, 99 A3 Jetta GL TDI
At the time this email was written there were only
17 days, 13 hours, and 42 minutes until Cincy2K+4! Have YOU packed yet?