Electrical Woes (long dialogue)

W.Hawker wrote:
> With the 4 way flashers on (hazard) AND the headlight/running lights on,
> all four lights flash, except the front flashes out of sync (aka like a
> cop car) alternating between left and right. The rears flash in sync.
> If the lights are turned OFF ) they flash in sync as they are supposed to.

I recall something on the Audifans list of similarly
odd behavior if the grounds are reversed.  That is,
one headlight is grounded normally while the other
has the hot lead and ground reversed.  Turning on
the headlights causes the ground to change, causing
the odd behavior. Unlikely, unless the wiring is not
original.

Kent