From: scirocco-l-bounces@scirocco.org
[mailto:scirocco-l-bounces@scirocco.org] On Behalf Of Steve Lewis
Sent: Sunday, May 16, 2004 4:32 PM
To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: help with my addiction

well guys im falling on my knees and begging for help or mercy from the
vw
god or the scirocco gods. my 82 scirocco came to my with a puny(i think
thats how you spell it)1.7. i decided after a year of driving it that
this
just wouldn't do. it just so happens tha the gods favored the thought of
an
engine swap as they brought my 2 more sciroccos. now before anybody
decides
that i truly am the luckiest guy in the world, both were very, very
rotten.
one although had a very low mileage 1.8l jh motor. i swapped it in and
sold
the 9a tranny to help finance the swap and now its in and holy cow it
goes
like hell compared to the 1.7.  now here is were it gets interesting and

also were my questions lie. i used the old fuel dizzy,lines,throttle
body,and exhaust. i switched to the shrouded injectors as mine were
drippng
when hot. the questions are what the hell is that little vacuum hose
from
the back of the head at #4 cylinder do?
  my next question has a bit of a story too(sorry    really i am). i
used
the 1.8 distributor until my stuppid canadian tire distributor cap
dropped
the button and distroyed the distributor(fogot to put in the little
cover).
no i have the 1.7 advance?retard distributor in there and have the
retard
plugged. no the car is f!@#@# slower than ever before and sometimes
feels
like it has a slight miss. the question here is do i put on the vacuum
advance from the old 1.8 dis or do i get the whole 1.8 distibutor. also
have noticed she almost stalls when i snap the throtle when hot it drops

bellow idle to almost stall.  oopps almost forgot i set the timing at 6
degrees advanced.

sorry for the rambling and you folks truly are the best support group
for
this lifestyle

steve

MSN Premium with Virus Guard and Firewall* from McAfeeR Security : 2
months
FREE*
http://join.msn.com/?pgmarket=en-ca&page=byoa/prem&xAPID=1994&DI=1034&SU
=http://hotmail.com/enca&HL=Market_MSNIS_Taglines