power window wont roll up

Can you hear the motor running at all when you use the switch? If not, you
might have a broken wire or a bad switch (or possibly a bad motor). In any
case, to get to the glass, you will have to take off the door cards to start
accessing stuff in the door. You will need to take off the inside door
handel and remove all the screws around the outside of the door card. HTH.

-Craig
'83 California Edition (RIP)
"Nightmare" '88 16v (PG-T Proj.)
"Calypso" '91 Golf GL (Daily Driver)