From: Drew Teague [mailto:roccnroll@hotmail.com]
Sent: Saturday, May 15, 2004 7:06 AM
To: mardak@cogeco.ca; mr.utility@highstream.net; ats@longcoeur.com
Cc: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: RE:

>Both of my 83's (again, back my 'dark' Mk2 days :D) had the lowly 1.7L.
>These were both Canadian cars, and both had the small rear wing...  Does
>ETKA mean cars that were built in 83, or sold in 83?  Methinks the
>switchover to the JH happened coincidently with the larger rear wing.
>Anyone confirm?
>
>Mark.

I can't confirm, but I can deny.  My early 84 (manufactured 12-83) Has the
small wing and had a stock JH.  I think a change that more closely
paralleled the 1.8 as a standard 8v engine (not just on the wolfies) would
be the changing from a monowiper to dual.  Daun seems to have a really good
idea what changes were made from year to year..

Thoughts, Daun?

**Drew Teague**
Harrisburg, PA

'84 8v Rocco --  "Bruise"