New Tires!!!

I had a set of Khumo Ecsta Supra 712's.  They handled really well.  I never got them to brake loose, well except on grass when I missed a corner in the early morning when it was dark.  I must have been day dreaming.  I did find them extremly noisy during the end of their life.  They lasted me about 3 summers.  I'm currently trying to find a size in the new ASX's  to try out.  They got much better reviews.

Don

-----Original Message-----
From: "David L. Winchell, II" <davidwinchell2@sprynet.com>
Sent: May 12, 2004 10:46 AM
To: C Boyko <roccit_53@hotmail.com>, scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: RE: New Tires!!!

David L. Winchell, II wrote:
  I ended up getting a set of Khumos

Okay, spill. Which ones and how are they? We expect a full report... ( I
just ordered some Kuhmos myself last night, not for the Rocs tho) In my case
I went for cheap so I could buy some cuff links for Klaus...(he needs some
baubles)
Cathy

Cathy,

I got the Khumo Ecsta Supra 712's.  They look good.  These are directionals
and look pretty stout. They are real sticky. There a few entrance ramps and
bridge ramps in the area that I love pushing the speed and feeling the car
hold through the turn.  I haven't had the chance to drive them in the rain
yet. I typically don't drive the rocc in the rain. I would rather loose the
Galant in an accident if ya know what I mean. I will take them out in the
rain first chance I get to see how they perform.  I haven't tried to get
them to break lose off the line yet.  I am having problems with lack of
power in first and second up to about 3k, so I haven't been able to push off
the line well.  I will let you know once I have had a chance to get them wet
as well as once I have the power issues resolved.

Dave

David L. Winchell, II
DavidWinchell2@sprynet.com
87 16V Scirocco