Mk1 Wiper Motor Upgrade

Hey, me again...

  So i bought a wiper motor out of a VR6 passat after a guy on the vortex
bought one out of a 16v passat and used it in his mk1, it was like the
difference between night and day i guess, said the new motor he had in there
would make the blade glide across a dry windsheild like nothing.

So i bought a wiper motor, and foolishly, i hacked the connector off, and
then i realized i might have ruined it, so i modified my old plate that
holds the connector to fit on, and the voila the wiper motor worked... so i
get the blade all set up, and put it on the windsheild, nothing, lift it up,
it works, put it back down, once it goes back down to the start position it
just won't move, doesn't have the power....i'm pissed now... before I had a
gutless wiper, and now I have a gutless wiper...i've tried greasing up the
linkage already, so that's not what is causing it....

Anyone know ?
Anyone else try swapping a bigger motor in?

Thanks,
Bryan
81 Volkswagen Scirocco

MSN Premium helps eliminate e-mail viruses. Get 2 months FREE*