best way to clean leather upholstery?

On Tue, 11 May 2004 14:27:42 -0400, you wrote:

>I just acquired a set of Corrado G60 seats that have been stored in a
>basement for a while and have a light dusting of mildew on them.
>Unfortunately I have a very low tolerance for mildew, especially in a
>confined space like a car.
>
>Does anyone have a recommendation for cleaning these seats effectively
>without damaging the leather?

I'm a saddle soap fan (with soft brush) for cleaning.  Then Lexol
preservative.  I've done the Benz a couple of times and it really
brightens the Palomino (light tan) leather.  The Scirocco
(unfortunately) has the easy-care vinyl & cloth.

The Mercedes list swears that Leatherique is the best stuff ever.  It
isn't cheap and a full-on restoration is an involved process, (see:
http://www.leatherique.com/bmwbriggsr.htm for an example) but the
results can be spectacular.

Gordon

75 Mk1/Drake 1.9