need another rear tranny mount, STAT!

If you are breaking that many then you better check your front motor mount and the alignment on the front and rear.  Sounds like there is too much pressure on the rear.  I went with a Motorsport one many years ago.  Never really noticed any excessive vibrations.

Don

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike Smith <smithma7@yahoo.com>
Sent: May 10, 2004 3:09 PM
To: car <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
Subject: need another rear tranny mount, STAT!

Yeah I know I just replaced it, but I already broke it (again).

Been doing some reading in the archives.... I see a lot of ppl pointing towards the poly mounts, but also a couple mentioning VW Motorsport mounts.  I don't want a lot of vibrations, but I DO want something that will hold up longer than a week (read: I drive this thing hard and don't want to bust anymore).

What say you, collective?

Mike
'86 red 16v (Red 5)

ps.  Besides, this just gives me more experience in replacing the sucker and I won't be buying anymore mounts off ebay.

word (w?rd)
interj. Slang. Used to express approval or an affirmative response to something. Sometimes used with up. Source