need another rear tranny mount, STAT!

Mike Smith wrote:

>Yeah I know I just replaced it, but I already broke it (again).
>
>Been doing some reading in the archives.... I see a lot of ppl pointing towards the poly mounts, but also a couple mentioning VW Motorsport mounts.  I don't want a lot of vibrations, but I DO want something that will hold up longer than a week (read: I drive this thing hard and don't want to bust anymore).
>
>What say you, collective?
>
>Mike
>'86 red 16v (Red 5)
>
>ps.  Besides, this just gives me more experience in replacing the sucker and I won't be buying anymore mounts off ebay.
>

>word (w?rd)
>interj. Slang. Used to express approval or an affirmative response to something. Sometimes used with up. Source
>
>---------------------------------

Here's the Setup I used as recommended from PeterTheScirocco:

Poly Front mount
Techtonics Tuning Rear Race mount
HD Driver and Passenger side mounts (stiffer than the TT HD mounts, I
was told)

... And I love it!  NO vibrations, and power gets to the wheels fast.

Look up his website, <www.thescirocco.com> for some more details.  I
bought from him a couple months ago and I couldn't be happier with the
transaction.

BTW, I had a badly cracked front crossmenber, so I installed Eric's
<www.vintagewatercooleds.com> A1 Crossmember Brace, had my cracks
"spackled" up (Man Show joke), and now I'm much more confident about my
structural integrity field.

HTH

- Camron from Vancouver, WA USA
   '86.5 Black 16V 2.0L