does this scirocco-l addy exist?

>>So in other words, it's perfectly fine to block this address from
>>sending me stuff, right? Hasn't disrupted my list traffic yet.
>
>which address?
>
>Al

Sorry, the orginal question...ah-hem, yeah...

Yes, unfortunately - you can block it because the original use of
such mechanisms has
been made utterly unuseable by the sheer volume of "crap-laden" email messages
sent to addresses by unwilling participants with spoofed origination addresses.

It's pretty clear that the design of SMTP (the simple mail transfer
protocol) had
waaay too much trust embedded within it and not enough authentication
or authorization
mechanisms.  It's just the state of email today. :/

==Brett