Posting replies

On Sun, May 09, 2004 at 07:01:37AM -0700, Larry wrote:
> To you guys who post replies to the BOTTOM ... let me say this:
>  I can read your reply much faster if you post to the top.
>  Hey, I already KNOW what the subject is (yours is a REPLY, remember?) and
> don't need to read the original(s) over and over again.  Let me get to the
> new/important stuff without scrolling down (sometimes WAY down) past the
> orig.
>  Time is of the essence, and I don't have much left.

Top-posting disrupts the flow of discussion--it's like having a
conversation backwards.  Also, the response is not by the thing
you're responding to, so it's unclear what you're replying to.
Also, it encourages leaving the entire original article in place,
which wastes bandwidth (by which I mean, bandwidth in my brain;
Internet bandwidth cost is negligible).

Dan

--
dan: and that was before Digital was bought out by Compaq.
stevie says, "And that was the start of the end times..."

		-- LBBS Tue Sep 19 02:47:59 2000