Posting replies-contra TBerks' recommendations...

I like posting to the top as well.  I can always scoll through to the bottom to see the history.  Although I doo like the little snippits followed by the explanation but sometimes they are hard to read as well.  Ahhh the world of email.

Don

-----Original Message-----
From: Dan Smith <sad_rocc@yahoo.com>
Sent: May 9, 2004 7:57 AM
To: Scirocco List <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
Subject: RE: Posting replies-contra TBerks' recommendations...

I agree. I post at the top for the same reason. Instead of having to scroll through tons of messages and signatures and whatnot, I find it much easier when the reply is at the top. Also, Yahoo indents the original message and leaves the new one alone, making it easier to distingush. If I was to post at the bottom, Yahoo would make it look like the original message, thus making it harder to figure out where the old message stops and the new begins.

Dan

David Utley <mr.utility@highstream.net> wrote:

To you guys who post replies to the BOTTOM ... let me say this:
I can read your reply much faster if you post to the top.
Hey, I already KNOW what the subject is (yours is a REPLY, remember?) and
don't need to read the original(s) over and over again. Let me get to the
new/important stuff without scrolling down (sometimes WAY down) past the
orig.
Time is of the essence, and I don't have much left.

Larry
sandiego16v

Larry,
Did you read the note that Tberk put out, pointing out that it is much
more concies/polite to reply after the original note, so that others know
exactly what we are talking about?

I think we would all do well to get a concensus on the best way for everyone
to read/reply, and stick with it...

What do others think?

Cheers,
David