SIGHTING! (and hopefully a new lister) as well as other schtuph

So I'm doing the doting daddy thing and picking my daughter up from school
and I decide to have her relive "her worst day" by taking the same route
as we had taken when the transfer pump decided to have us walking home on
a hot day w/ less than 1/4 tank.

I rib her endlessly about it being her "worst" day and why and I get to
the intersection of the road that I'm on and River Drive (a nice park-side
drive next to the Mississippi) and while stopped waiting for traffic, it
appeared.

A beautiful silver MKII (most probably a 16v since the body kit looked
factory) w/ a guy driving that was enough of an enthusiast to say "Nice
car" as he drove right past me the opposite way and I brought my hand to
my mouth in a "tres magnifique" gesture towards his Roc.

I was a little quieter on the way home for the rest of the trip and I'm
sure my daughter was thankful but my mind was pre-occupied by thoughts of
"I should have turned around and told him about the list!" and such.

But I didn't and this type of chance occasion is spurious at best so I
entasked myself to keep a stern lookout for the beast this summer!

So today is a different day but I'm still doting and pick up the Spud from
after school program and I decide to take the "worst" route home on an off
chance that kismet will strike again,

And it does!

Same exact spot, same car, same driver (who just waves this time since
it's colder today and we both have our windows up), and same gorgeous
silver 16v. This time I notice a custom tint strip for the windshield w/
words on it but miss the content.

Well......this earmarks the behavior of a person going home after work
(both occasions were w/i 1/2hr. of 5PM) and now I fear I need counseling
because I'm starting to have stalker like thoughts about manuvering an
angle to initiate conversation, which shouldn't be hard.

The hard part is parking in the same area at the same time so you notice
each other. Like a Quicky Mart or something.......

In other news:

THe garage of death that was judged to be worse than Larry's (by Larry
himself I think, but that was a while ago and the whole name thing is
fuzzy now) has been cleaned (mostly) and is being upgraded (in twisted
and arcane ways) due to my nervous activity due to STILL waiting on word
about pistons (for less than $750).

I'll be posting pics here:

http://unrealexpectations.ath.cx/drupal/?q=image/tid/55

about my latest time killing exploit and here:

http://unrealexpectations.ath.cx/drupal/?q=image/tid/54

for my latest project/test.

I bought some cheap halogen inserts for my 4x6's and installed them
tonight to check difference and to convince myself that I have to relay
the headlights (if you look @ the pics you'll know why).

It's been a full day. It's nite-nite time now......

Drifting to the land of Nod,

Tim

The older a man gets, the farther he had to walk to school as a boy.