OT: Microwang (was: Re: EVERYONE PLEASE READ !!!)

Oops someone has pissed in Julie's Wheaties and she is not happy about it! <ducks under the desk>

But Julie is right, if infact MS has 90% of the market and someone wants to get noticed and famous for a minute. Then that someone would attack the biggest guy around.

JMHO

MAC is attacked not as frequently, Linux is attacked just ask Julie. I am sure Sun, Unix and whatever else is out there can be attacked as well.

What I mean is, just become learned enough to manage your own machine with updates and virus software and be careful. Years ago it was a fight against AIDS and the slogan was "WRAP THAT RASCAL" (snicker), now it is against PC's and the internet and the slogan still applies.

Brian

Julie Macfarlane <juliemac57@hotmail.com> wrote:
OK. Tired of this S**T folks. Each OS has its place. How far would computers
be in general public just using Linux? God forbid that the general public
needed to run businesses on that code.

Macs? Copied BSD, altered KDE and sold it as THIER own code as OSX. How
original. Kept even the boards closed architecture so only they can build
and sell. They owned the market itll they closed the systems and software. I
imagine their penis's swelled with their original good fortune and cut off
blood to the brain...

>IMHO, the people that need to fix their shit are Microsoft.

Ok, have you ever written an OS as complex as XP or even at a level of DOS
5.0?
When you guys have, then you can bitch all you want. I am working in
assembler code at the moment. It takes 1000 times longer than you would ever
imagine. With out a ream of flow charts and registry diagrams, my "Simple"
programs would flounder. I give a great deal of respect to those that CAN
write these complex codes.

Write an OS as complex, functional and easy to use as XP and if it is priced
about the same I'll buy it and test it for you. DO NOT MAKE ANY MISTAKES.
THINK OF EVERY POSSIBLE ATTACK TO THE SYSTEM AND ALLOW NO SECURITY FLAWS.

Virus writers do so for notoriety mostly. Why expend the effort to attack
only 2% of the population?
My Linux box was attacked and a code called a rootkit installed. Corrupted
the kernal and made me work hard for a few days.

>They need to stop selling code that's as full of holes as swiss cheese.
>They have a responsibility to the public, IMO.

See above AND...
Sort of like FORD blowing tires? It wasn't the tires, it was the vehicle
that was bad...
How about the door locks that allow the door to open in a low speed
collision? Hundreds of people hurt or killed. A recall? No way. Ford is
fighting it.
How about the drug companies?

Guess who's in a pissy mood now...