Installed 120 amp Audi Alternator

Well if anyone wants to know if you can fit an Audi 120 amp alternator in a 16V with A/C and Power Steering the answer is yes.  It's a tight fit but it will work.  I had to go down to a 240mm belt and enlarge the slot of the top alternator bracket for the 10mm bolt.  Stock alternator used an 8mm bolt.  Oh I also had to cut off the plastic of the alternator where an intake hose must have connected.  The result, the volt meter almost pegged the needle at 14 volts and my lights almost burned a hole in the side of the garage. Seriously at the battery which is now at the rear of the car connected with 2 gauge welding cable I measured 14.64 volts during idle.  This alternator kicks out some serious amperage.  The car ran better too, quicker throttle response.

Don Walter - Waukesha, WI
1969 Beetle
1969 Karman Ghia
1971 Karman Ghia
1986 2L 16V Toronado Red Scirocco (under repair)
1986 1.8 16V Black Scirocco (my new ride)