Cincy 2004 Sign Up + 2k3 Pix

Banner news!  The Cincy 2004 sign up page is available, and online.
Most of all all the good
info is now in one place, with a form to sign up and let Daun know
you're coming.

Truck on over to: http://www.scirocco.org/ohio2k4

User: scirocco
pass: lister

Please, only use the form to sign up if you are really going to attend.

In other blistering news, I have managed to finally put online the
pictures and stories
from our 2003 Ohio gathering, yep, just in time to get you all
excited for 2004.  Look
at what angst I saved you by not having to see them and wait eagerly
for this year!
(anyone buying that?)

There are a few things different about the picture galleries this
year.  I put up a sitelet
using Gallery, a PHP driven image archive / display engine.  I
customized it a bit by
hacking up some of the code, and it pretty much works the way I like.
However, it's
a bit harder on the machine and it's not nearly as fast as the
previous image archives
which were more basic straight HTML with no runtime processing.  I've
installed a PHP
caching system, which helped quite a bit, and I'll be upgrading the
CPU's in the middle
of May (which ought to help quite a bit more).  A bit more patience
might be required as
it's more data for the machine to chew up, and more data for the pipeline.

Anyway can browse and see all the photos and sub-albums, but if you
login to the image
gallery (using the the LOGIN at the upper right corner), you'll be
able to add comments
to any image.  Feel free to do so, filling in some of the blanks that
got left behind on
whom might be in the pic and just what they're doing.

The username and password for the image gallery are the same as for
the ohio2k4 sign
up (scirocco / lister).   Go check it out, it has several nice features.

Go to: http://www.scirocco.org/list and click through to the ohio2k3 image set.

I have already prepped the space for the 2k4 images, and I expect
that we'll be loading
them during the event weekend.  I'll have to re-sort them afterwards,
but at least they
will be up and captioned close to immediately...if that plan comes together.

Let me know if anything is awry, thanks!

==Brett