OT: QUICK! Digifant 2 HELP!

If it is the blue topped sensor it infact tells the ECU if the engine is cold and defaults to a rich condition for cold start. If it never triggers the ECU see's the engine as cold. Replace it they are $10 or so at the dealer.

Brian

Eric S <scirocco@vintagewatercooleds.com> wrote:

Anyone good with Digi2? I need some QUICK help, my temp registration
expires today, and I HAVE to get this thing to pass emissions.

Last week it failed for too much HC (unburned fuel).

It has, a terrible idle, and it misses at different parts of the rpm band.
I have replaced: cap, rotor, wires and plugs. Set the timing (properly
for Digi2 which is a wierd process), and it still was acting the same.
So, just out of curiosity I pulled the plug to the coolant temp
sensor...and guess what? Runs fine. Without a coolant temp sensor, what
does digi2 default to? A lean mix or a rich mix? I suspect that my
coolant temp sensor is bad and was telling the digi the engine was cold
constantly, richening the mixture to a point of making it run like
garbage. But I don't know enough about digi2 to say for sure.

Anyone, please help, I HAVE to pass emissions in the next couple of hours
before I head to work and get plates today...I'm just praying that with
the coolant temp disconnected it will....

--
Eric
www.vintagewatercooleds.com

79 VW Iltis
81 Rabbit Truck 2.0 16v
81 Scirocco S (TDI Swap project)
90 Corrado TDI
91 Cabriolet (2.0 Crossflow swap project)