pulling an engine Q's

Thanks for the info. I got the 30mm socket for when I was planning on doing my CVs. I'm pretty much working 'top down' right now, so motor mounts, axles, tranny, bottom end, etc will all be staying in place for now. The fluid in the tranny will be replaced later on, but if I don't have to drain it now that will be one less bucket of toxic sludge I have hanging around. The head is free plus shipping. Completely stock 1.7L. I will however probably need some parts for it (valve cover and cam gear come to mind). I definitely don't need the injectors, cam, new plugs, or manifolds though.

Dan

Krazy Horse <nightmare16v1988@hotmail.com> wrote:
I know that you will need a tool for taking the axles off of the
differential. Also, the axle nut is a 30mm (IIRC). I had to go buy that
socket when I pulled my engine. You will need to find a way to support the
engine and tranny when you start unbolting the motor mounts. You don't have
to take out your tranny fluid, but now is a good time to replace it. I might
be interested in the head. HTH!

-Craig
'83 California Edition (RIP)
"Nightmare" '88 16v (PG-T Proj.)