best way to clean an alternator?

Take the casing apart from the functional parts of the alternator, drop in
B12 for 15 mins, then wash with varsol/paint thinner, dry, then wire brush
it with a hand drill, pausing to wipe a clothe on the complete area your
working on with a degreaser.. Should shine right up in... 20 mins

-
ATS - Patrick Bureau - http://ats.longcoeur.com
ATS A1 Parts eBay Sales - http://tinyurl.com/22e5b