TECH: Electrical shite

Okay, this is on a *very air conditioned* 8V A1...but it likely is the same
for them all.

Anyways, three questions
1. I just relocated/ wrapped the "previously insulated and now cooked on the
exhaust manifold" wiring for the O2 sensor. How screwed is it? ( Still
didn't get the E-test done, that will likely answer that question) It had
one wire bare, the other two seem fine. My bad, I knew it needed a cable
tie. I will probably take it for a hot run and check its output later...

2. Alternator readings: Beginning in the engine bay to figure out why there
have been battery lights/ low voltmeter readings, I discovered that at rest,
across the terminals it reads 12.4V or so ( a bit low) and at the suggested
3000 rpm, it's within spec, at 13.64V ( spec is 13.5-14.5, so again on the
low side.)

What I don't know is if it should dip below 13.5V with accessories turned
on/ 3000 rpm. I can get it below 12V with high beams and a fan on, and this
is what concerns me. Bentley says it may drop if the alternator's bad, but
Bentley almost reads as though it's bad if the intitial reading was below
13.5. I did clean up the "positive terminal back to alternator" wires, (and
they looked fine anyway, it made no difference) I haven't felt ambitious
enough to clean the negative side, but may well head there after a cup of
coffee.

3. Stereo shit. I keep telling my daughter I'd like to get the charging
thing sorted first, but the stereo keeps cutting out when the volume gets
turned up. We've checked resistance to the four speakers,( they matched up
fine) and hooked up a fused power wire direct from the positive battery
terminal, but it's still doing the same thing.

Any input is appreciated.
Cathy