clutch problem

I just replaced my clutch and tranny and now it won't go into gear with the car running.  With the car off it will go into every gear.  I have to put the car in first gear then start it.  then it won't go into any other gear.  when I push in the clutch it will disengage but I can still feel it engaged a little tiny bit. when its running it won't go into any gear.  I have to force it in to a gear if it will go and it will grind hard engaging.   Anyone know what the problem may be?

---