Anyone tried these A3 style door handles for A1 and A2 cars?

The V piece is larger on the chinese piece and must be used otherwise the locks will not work. The trick to fitting them in the opening is to insert the key and turn the tumbler CCW, now that it is pointing down ever so gently slip it in the opening. Now return the key and remove and insert the handle and set the rear screw. Before shutting the door make sure all functions work and you should be done, enjoy.

Brian

Bryan Rankin <d_x20@hotmail.com> wrote:
I put them on my 81 and they did not work. The handles on my car and the
handles i got from from the guy (not cullen) have different linkages on
them.

Bryan
81 Volkswagen Scirocco