Semi O/T: 16V Scirocco fan wiring questions...

Are there any electrical gurus on the list?

  I have a fan, relay (the one under the hood), and wiring to the sensor at
the radiator and fan in my 16V pickup, waiting for me to figure out how to
wire it up...  The pickup does have AC, so I would like for it to indeed have
the highspeed with the AC on, as well as the low speed when it needs to cool
itself...  When I pulled this wiring, there were two two-connection plugs that
fed power to the fan/sensor/relay.  I have played with the wiring as much as I
dare, and I can get the fan to come on, but I should not be able to since the
sensor was not hot.  Anyone have a clue what I am talking about, and hopefully
an idea of how to wire this in so that it works as a factory two speed fan
would?  Do I need more bits and pieces from my donor 16V?

TIA,

David Utley
Cable Volkswagen
405-470-3129