Wait, wait, wait - You Build a MegaSquirt YOURSELF?

I've been lurking the Yahoo email list now for about a year, and
actually went out and bought a money order to order a kit in the fall,
but at the last minute I decided to hold out until UltraMegasquirt comes
out.  I want to control both fuel and spark (plus wideband o2 sensor
support is nice). The release date for UMS was never really posted, but
it's been "just around the corner" for a while now, so I may just bite
the bullet and order the present system, and modify it slightly to make
it a Megasquirt'N'EDIS system - uses 90's Ford distributorless EDIS
ignition components from a (yuck) Escort, controlled by the modified
Megasquirt box....  The latest "guesstimate" when UMS will be ready is
around July.  Can't wait till then...

There is also a Yahoo email list dedicated to VW/Audi Megasquirt
applications (MegaVAG).

To answer your question: it's useful in my application because I'm at
the point where I've got a solid base performance-wise (2.0 ABA w/
P&P'ed JH head and other goodies), and I see the stock fuel injection
system as a big restriction (literally) to increased performance.  I
would also love to get rid of the distributor - less moving parts that
wear out is a good thing...  I'm also a "tweaker" by nature, so the
ability to tune the car via a laptop appeals to me...

Mark.
75
80 S
81 S  2.0 ABA/JH/4K