Presale Bad Luck: Repairing/replacing strut bearing studs? (early A1)

I think you can smack the studs out with a hammer... They fall out on their
own on really old strut bearings  :-O

Dunno where you can find another stud but you could just run a bolt up thru
the holes since the stud is out of the way if you are just trying to get it
back together.

-Raffi