81S engine vibration/--> DASH COVERS?

Edward Effinger wrote:

> Greetings.
>
> Thanks to all you folks that told me to make sure I had the OEM
> rear motor mount rather than the aftermarket one.

<snip>
> Is anyone aware of any 'dash covers' that might be available to
> cover my badly cracked dash?
>
> Thanks
> Ed

There are basically three options, not counting a NOS dash found in some
old shop's rafters:

- Dash Mat: Carpet type thing you lay on top.
Can be gotten from lots of places, including
<http://www.dashmats4less.com/dash_mats.html>

There are differing variations in quality. Beware. You should try and
get a sample of their work prior to purchase. OTOH, if it's $5, wtf.

- Dash Cap: Plastic 'shell' you apply to top surface.
<http://www.jcwhitney.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10101&productId=6643&catalogId=10101&langId=-1>

There is an outfit making these in, um Sweden? Finland? Somewhere. At
one time they were the only ones making VW Scirocco caps.

btw- Those guys (JCW) were who I was thinking about for the dash mats also.

- Dash Resto: Send dash to a custom shop to have it stripped and recovered.
<http://justdashes.com/index_home.htm>
Mmmmmmm. resto.

Lets Google, shall we?...

TBerk
Ah, I see you are e-mailing from our neighbor to my North. Other options
may apply, mail order wise.