TECH: More "too stupid to live" Koni install questions

I'm at the "front strut assembly" part of this suspension project, and I
seem to have some parts left over !?!?

Did I mention I am too literate to do the picture instructions very well???
( I hate those stupid diagrams, just give me words)

Anyways, for those who have done this, if the insert length seems to be the
same as the strut housing, you just add 50 mL of ATF and torque the cap to
whatever it says, right? (It seems not to leak...)  (And do I need to saw
that bottom nub off? It seems to fit fine with it in place) So a metal
collar, and a capped collar with an outside thread are left over from the
installation package. Now what I'm not clear on is where those two pr of
nylon/white washer like things go, the one is shown as a dashed line on the
top of the strut housing in the picture (but what does that actually do?)
and the other has too small a hole in it to fit over the stainless shaft of
the strut, so does it go up top somewhere?

Also, I don't seem to need to compress the springs for the assembly, they
are shorter by about 2 3/4 "  than the ones I took off, so that's all good,
right? (hehe)

I just don't want to get the car back together and find out I need to take
it apart again.

I'll post later about the fun it was getting the collar off the strut
housing, and some other wierdness I found in there...but it's coming along
fine. I'm on a relaxed timeline since I won't have the lower bolts till
TUESDAY...stupid slow dealership.
Cathy

MSN Premium includes powerful parental controls and get 2 months FREE*