The usual ranting-long

Okay, just to get it out of my system...I'm going to buy a Cavalier.

SO I have this gorgeous, gorgeous new white 88 Cabby (for my daughter).
(BTW, it's built by Karmann, so it counts as a Scirocco) It was making some
belt noise at Daun's, but I was too sick to look at it, and it only did it a
few times for a short period at start up. Plus the car hadn't been driven a
lot, so I figured it was tired from sitting. (I should have known better,
this is exactly what my son's belt throwing POS Jetta does, he's on belt #12
this winter) The car got home (8 1/2 hours) with no issues. So my daughter
goes out to a movie with friends, I get a call from about 5 minutes away,
and it's got a battery light, so I tell her to limp it home and get ready to
head out with a fully charged battery, but it wasn't needed. But the car had
thrown the belt.

No problemo, says I, I'll get my nephew, the "belt expert" to come over and
help me get it all tensioned right. (Both he and my son have been blessed
with the "belts from hell" cars, yes, the NA diesels with air...who puts air
in a NA diesel?) SO next morning, into town (1/2 hr round trip) to get the
missing belt, and miraculously, they actually gave me the rignt one.

So we get into the belt replacement, and by the time we're at the point we
can thread the belt in, the PS/AC/and alternator are pretty well off. Oh
yes, this car has air. WHO HAS AIR IN A CABBY??? But then it's wait till the
morning, may as well do all three belts. Another trip to town. And clean up
rusty bolts and such. Fine, except I'm heading out for an exam, and the only
night my nephew has free is that same night. SO he says he'll toss it
together without me. MISTAKE! I come home, and there is a bunch of
bent/broken shit to replace. Off to the dealer this morning, ( 45 minutes
round trip) and they can get the parts by Tuesday. Wonderful.

While I'm there, may as well get new lower suspension bolts for Klaus, they
do alignments, they are a VW dealer, they fit every A1 in the civilised
world, so surely they should have those. NOPE! Tuesday.

So there you have it, now you know why it takes me freaking forever to do
anything.

SO the tallly in the Wind Tunnel at the moment?
Ford - dead charging system
Headache- due to plot something at any given moment
1980 - runs but too rotten to jack up
Klaus- IRS ( invisible rear susension) -that'll be fixed once I' get off the
computer.
Cabby- no alternator, and so many bolts loose it may never run again, but
I'm still thrilled with it!

I'm keeping the bug as far from those A1s as is possible, I don't need it
getting any ideas.

But I love them all...remind me why again?

Cathy (looking for a Cavvy when I get the chance...)

MSN Premium includes powerful parental controls and get 2 months FREE*