[OT] Opinions on HVLP paint systems needed...

> I'm thinking of buying an Accuspray HVLP paint system on Ebay, but would
> like some input on how these units compare to traditional paint systems
> from someone that's used both.  Any brand names I should stay away from?
> None of the paint pros I've talked to locally have ever used a HVLP
> setup.

> I don't have a compressor big enough to handle a traditional paint gun,
> and the "standalone-ness" and portability of the HVLP system is a big
> plus for me...

> BTW, I've noticed in the years that I've been around here that there
> doesn't seem to be ANY autobody pros on the list.  Are there any of you
> out there in lurk mode?  If so, speak up!  There's a "hole" in the
> list's knowledge base that needs fillin'...  :)

This is going to sound really weird, but the ford-trucks.com body work
forum has some really good information and a few *really* sharp pro
bodymen on it:
http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=67

There are a couple of sticky posts on top that answer a good chunk of the
FAQ's about bodywork in a well-written, understandable way:

Patch panel/Rust repair
Step By Step Paintwork

John K. Gates