OT: Passat

Thanks to everyone that replied.  Has anyone ever said how great this list
is? ;-) Thanks, David, for the offer of a used unit.  It's not so much the cost
of the core I'm concerned about, but the effort to change it.  My neighbor was
quoted ~$1200 for parts and labor.  With the mileage on the car, he is not
sure what else will go wrong with the car and therefore is hesitant to invest
the money.  Are the Passats like our cars in that it's probably just getting
broken in at this mileage? How much life is left in that VR6?  I know that he is
the original owner (I saw him drive it home) and I pretty much know it's life.
 Is there a tech page somewhere that I can refer to on how to change the core?
Thanks.

-Dick-
78 Scirocco
Original Owner
http://members.aol.com/sailingfc/

In a message dated 3/16/04 6:44:03 PM Pacific Standard Time,