fundage for dirk (was - the house of euro fiasco)

While I admire what you are trying to do it's just a drop in the bucket.

As I happen to have in house consel right here at work we were bantering
around this issue.

Dirk has rights in small claims court under US law to enforce his contract
with Josh.

Dirk would have to appoint someone (not an attorney) in the US who could
legally represent him.  They would have to file suit againt  Josh in the
state where the goods were delivered.  Josh would then be served in his new
state of residency to appear in small claims court in (insert state here) to
try to defend himself.

Of course there are nuances of this idea that I am not equipped to delve
into.  But, I am sure that there is a least one real attorney and perhaps
dozen of aspiring shade tree lawyers on this list that could chime in.

.02

Brian Honnold
Director of Multifamily Acquisitions
Pacific Capital Investments